Desk Report: Read on to know what to eat to promote hair growth, the right way to hair oil, homemade hair packs and natural remedies to control hair loss…
It is a fact that hair becomes dry during the winter season. While we cannot escape the seasonal vagaries, we can do a lot to prevent our hair from becoming dry and brittle during the season. Here are a few tips to keep you in good stead.
– It is best to avoid hair colouring and ironing during the season. However, if that is next to impossible, at least avoid shampooing during the season.
– Massage the scalp using hot oil. You can either use coconut oil or olive oil for best results
– Do not wash your hair in hot water as it can increase the dryness of the scalp, resulting in flaking and scaling of the skin of the scalp. Use lukewarm water instead and shampoo hair only once or twice a week.
– Use a shampoo and a separate hair conditioner. And leave the conditioner on the tip of the hair avoiding the roots for at least 10 to 15 minutes to moisturise the hair and prevent hair fall.
– The stench apart, beer is a great hair conditioner and so is coconut milk. For a protein packed conditioner, mix eggs and yogurt and rub it into your scalp. Leave on for five or 10 minutes, then wash it off completely.
– A haircut doesn’t always have to lead to a new style. Trim off dead ends if your hair is too dry to rejuvenate your hair.